Our faculty, support staff and graduate teaching assistants are dedicated to introducing students to the world of Biology. Ask questions, challenge conventions, be skeptical, demand more of us – we’ll all grow and learn together. General Biology manages the following courses:
- Biology 101/102 (Introduction to Biology I & II (for non-majors))
- Biology 113/114 (Introduction to Plant Biology I & II)
- Biology 115 (Introduction to Plant Biology Laboratory)
- Biology 150 (Organismal & Ecological Biology)
- Biology 159 (Skills of Biological Investigation)
- Biology 160 (Cellular & Molecular Biology)
- Biology 220 (General Microbiology)
- Biology 229 (General Microbiology Laboratory)
- Biology 240 (General Genetics)
- Biology 260 (Ecology)
- Biology 269 (Ecology Field-Based Laboratory)
- Biology 280 (Evolution)
- Biology 281 (Evolution Discussion)
All laboratory sections of Bio 101/102 and 159 meet in Strong Hall located at 1621 Cumberland Ave.
General Biology policies as well as the name and contact information for instructors can be found in the syllabi.